WHY YOUR SMALL SCALE BUSINESS NEEDS A WEBSITE
Depending on what a small scale business means to you or what the business model of your small business is you actually need your own website.
Although I understand anyone who thinks otherwise, the best arguments I have heard is the huge market waiting and available on social media for your small-scale business and the power of referrals and this makes sense.
But, Unless you don’t intend to grow your business, you definitely need a website.
Most small-scale business owners in Nigeria are excited about the opportunities on Facebook, Instagram, and the likes.
I mean there are millions of people who stay glued to these platforms daily so it makes sense to focus on marketing to them so please forgive me for thinking you need a website but hear me out and you never know you just might agree with me.
1. People search the web than any other thing: There is no way to actually tell that the audience on social media are looking for you but you have to pitch to them and hope they are interested. However, people who are in demand or even in the interest stage of a product search for it online.
They might be ready to buy the product immediately or just trying to get enough information to justify buying the product but you being available online will push you ahead of competitors. Don’t forget that there are over 30 Billion searches on google daily, so having a website where people can find the detailed description of your products, pictures, reviews and easy ways to use your products will do a great service and some sales on it.
2. A website gives your business credibility: You know how most people will never do business with a business without a physical store? Well, some people will not trust your small-scale business except you have a website. Not having a business website raises questions in customers eyes. Are you a fraud? Just still haven’t gotten around to it? Or such a cheap startup that you can’t even afford to do this? These things you don’t want people thinking about your business!
3. A website is always available: The content you put up on social media is the at the mercy of the social media platform. A website is available to both your regular and potential customers 24/7/365 providing them with the convenience of reviewing your products and services when your store or office is closed. With today’s busy lifestyles, this is a great selling point when making a purchase decision.
4. You need Data: Getting people to type their email address or other information into a box on a website is much, much easier especially if they perceive that they’re getting something for it, such as a newsletter, a special report or an ebook. And once you have the email address, you have another way to reach your potential customer.
5. You can sell online: You are probably thinking, why should I sell online when I am already selling on Instagram? Well, for one you can sell on your website with no effort or back and forth with customers. There are several e-commerce templates that you can pick from on WordPress that will help you get this together. This means that even when you are asleep your small-scale business is running and you can make sales.
What’s your reason for not wanting a website? Talk to us at image boosters and maybe we can create a balance for you, we’ve adapted amazing models for most of our clients and we can’t wait to hear from you.
JOIN THE SMART BRAND CLUB
2, Oluwatunmike Disu Street,
Opposite Jakande 1st Gate,