DIGITAL TRENDS THAT COULD AFFECT YOUR BUSINESS POSITIVELY IN 2018.
We have just a few days left to another year and well the articles on “things not to do” “trends to drop” and more will be out in the very industry.
So whats the point of writing an article on what you’ll be getting everywhere else? Let us talk about things to do in 2018. Digital Trends to jump on! That could possibly give you more visibility and convert into sales.
1. FACEBOOK: Its kind of strange that I would put Facebook as number one right? But Facebook is still seeing the fastest growth rate of all social media platforms. If you’re in the media then this is for you. Facebook is the most dominant driver of traffic to news platforms. In a survey conducted in October, 2017,62% of marketers believe Facebook is their most important social network, with 2 billion users worldwide, the Opportunites available to brands who leverage on the proper use of Facebook for marketing are endless.
2. SOCIAL LISTENING: 2018 is the year to monitor what your consumers are saying. If you have people in your competitors camp then you should probably deploy them to the camp of your consumers. Social listening will help you activate campaigns and content that your consumers are actually interested in. If you get so good it at your competitors might offer to be collaborators.
3. VIDEOS: Get those video recorders out! 2018 is the year of videos. Video content with the use of influencers will be more prominent and increase engagement for brands.
In 2018, mobile video consumption is expected to grow by 25% (and video consumption is supposed to decline on laptops and desktop computers for the first time ever), so get ahead of the competition now by planning a mobile video strategy.
4. CONTENT MARKETING: Content marketing isn’t a trend But, it’s getting bigger, and it’s no wonder – 70% of people said they’d rather learn about a business through an article than an ad. And, content marketing is cheaper than many other forms of marketing (plus it can produce more leads).
Remember, content marketing can take many forms – from blog posts to videos and infographics.
It’s kind of hard to do it all yourself while running your business, so if you don’t have time, consider outsourcing your content creation to streamline your process.
5. CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: Customer experience marketing is exactly what it sounds like and it will be on an increase in 2018. Customer Experience is making sure the customer has a good experience when you market to them.
And, it’s gaining popularity; 68% of marketers say their business is increasingly focusing on customer experience in marketing.
Customer experience is hugely important. Customers see your business or brand as the sum of experiences they’ve had with you. This could be anything from in-store customer service to finding your local listing online or seeing one of your business’s ads on Facebook.
JOIN THE SMART BRAND CLUB
4, Oluwatunmike Disu Street,
Opposite Jakande 1st Gate,