HOW TO CREATE THE BEST EMAIL LIST
One of a small business’s best marketing assets is a healthy email list. While proper management and use of your email file will drive revenue immensely, it is often a challenge to create the email list itself.
With inbox clutter on the rise and customers becoming more sensitive toward any unwanted communication, marketers and brands should develop their subscriber lists with relevance and care.
Secondly, it is important for us to state that we aren’t some weird nerds trying to stalk the universe. Emails are life!
Apart from communication, they could also spike up your revenue. Yup! I said so. But before you get excited about having more money, I need to state that this is only possible if your email marketing is done properly.
Email marketing is marketing via emails! Yes, its that simple. It is sending an email with the purpose of enhancing customer relationship, growing sales or sharing useful and valuable information to your target market.
Fortunately, I will be dropping a number of simple and effective ways of creating an email list, including the traditional online and offline tactics, as well as emerging strategies, such as paid search, direct mail, events and special offers.
1. Research your database and write down all the emails you have, this will give you a brief overview of how close you are to your target.
2. Email Marketing service: Sign up for one and try to integrate it with your website or social media channels
3. Create an opt-in form on your website
4. CONTENT: To create the best email list, you must be able to create content that is appealing to your market. Valuable content that leads them to send you emails e.g on social media, give out free information like an ebook, and on the website, let it pop up?
5. Collaborate: Do some sort of collaboration with guest bloggers, their content will drive subscribers to your website and it will give a boost to your Email list subscriptions.
6. CAMPAIGNS/ GIVEAWAYS – A lot of subscribers will join your Email list if you do some campaign. A promise of giveaways will put your audience in action to subscribe.
By following these aforementioned responsible best practices to build a permission-based house file, marketers and brands create a win-win situation for both the customer and their brand.
Companies gain long-term, profitable relationships with their customers, and customers receive offers for products and services that are meaningful and relevant to them.
By using the email channel responsibly, brands and consumers will continue to benefit from this cost-efficient and environmentally friendly medium.
JOIN THE SMART BRAND CLUB
4, Oluwatunmike Disu Street,
Opposite Jakande 1st Gate,